Monday 26 November 2012

Time to stitch

I started working full time in March 2012 for the first time since 1982. I had worked for most of those years in between but on either a part-time or casual basis. I knew working full time would be a challenge as I still have children at home and more than my fair share of health issues to deal with but the offer was too good to refuse and I felt I was ready to take on this challenge. I'm pleased to say that I don't regret it for one minute. I love my job and the people I work with. I'm fortunate enough to work less than 5 minutes from home which is amazing given that I live (and work) in a very tiny rural township in the middle of Victoria, Australia. Jobs like this are rare as hen's teeth and I am indeed a very fortunate and grateful woman.

Working full time has meant a complete overhaul of my life as I once knew it. It's been a challenge to keep my home clean and tidy as my family are used to me being home and having the time to keep things in order. They have however been wonderful and understanding and help out on all levels. Regardless, it's been a big challenge for all of us. We are getting there.

Lately I've been feeling quite worn out and have been pining for my hand stitching. I have time for this in the evenings but find myself with my laptop on my lap watching mindless tv at the same time. After reading about Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year I couldn't help but think that this challenge is just the thing I need. Like Nicola, I'm also turning 50 next year. I can't tell you how much I miss my stitching time. I felt so overwhelmed at one point earlier this year that I deleted my blog and stopped reading everyone else's for months. Then a few months ago I noticed that I had some time to myself and started reading my favourite stitching blogs again. Now I am hankering to do some stitching. I feel that this little challenge may be just the thing to get me stitching again. Not that I need to buy any more stitching supplies but I am sorely tempted to buy a Scarlet Letter design and join this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment